How Things Have Changed In The Carpet Cleaning Industry
Over the past 40 years, the carpet cleaning industry has undergone a number of changes that have made the process more effective and efficient. Here are just a few ways that carpet cleaning has evolved over the years:
- Advancements in cleaning solutions: In the past, carpet cleaning often involved the use of harsh chemicals that were not always safe for humans or pets. Today, there are a range of eco-friendly cleaning solutions available that are effective at removing dirt and stains while also being safe for the environment.
- Improved cleaning equipment: In the past, carpet cleaning often required the use of heavy and cumbersome equipment that was not always easy to manoeuvre. Today, there are a range of lightweight and portable carpet cleaning machines that make the process much easier and more efficient.
- The rise of steam cleaning: In the past, carpet cleaning often involved the use of shampoo or detergent, which left behind a sticky residue that could attract dirt and cause re-soiling. Today, steam cleaning has become a popular method of carpet cleaning that uses hot water and specialized cleaning solutions to lift dirt and stains from the carpet fibers without leaving behind any residue.
- Greater focus on customer service: In the past, carpet cleaning was often seen as a basic service that didn’t require much in the way of customer interaction. Today, however, many carpet cleaning companies have recognized the importance of providing excellent customer service and have trained their staff to be friendly and helpful to their clients.
- Increased specialization: In the past, carpet cleaning was often a one-size-fits-all service. Today, however, there are a range of specialized carpet cleaning services available, such as pet stain removal and Oriental rug cleaning, that cater to the specific needs of different customers.
Overall, the evolution of carpet cleaning over the past 40 years has resulted in a safer, more effective, and more efficient service that is better able to meet the needs of modern customers.